Grants Pass Auto Accident Treatment
In the past few years, we've cared for many men and women with auto injury pain in our Grants Pass office. Chiropractic adjustments are the perfect approach to these kinds of injuries, and some studies have shown that approximately 90% of patients show improvement after a whiplash injury when getting chiropractic adjustments.
A crash subjects your entire body to rapid, intense movement that it wasn't intended to deal with. Due to the dramatic forces you're exposed to, the ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscles of the body can be stretched, sprained, or torn during a collision. This can result in persistent pain and disability if not dealt with promptly.
From our practical experience and success treating auto injury cases, we've seen these common signs and symptoms in our patients:
- Headaches - Almost every auto accident patient in our office reports headache pain, and this can have a wide array of origins, depending on the type of injury you received.
- Back pain - Yet another prevalent problem in adults and particularly after a vehicle accident.
- Neck aches and pains - Your neck is one of the most at risk areas of your body during a car wreck, and it can easily be injured. In point of fact, most symptoms that develop after a collision can be specifically linked to injuries of the neck.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder joint can be damaged by the seat belt, the forces on your arm during a collision, or can be a secondary symptom triggered by neck injury.
- TMJ Symptoms - Jaw problems (or TMJ dysfunction) are another common complication we see in our Grants Pass clinic, and can be a challenge to diagnose. Occasionally TMJ problems doesn't arise for many weeks or months after your injury.
- Radiating pain - Radiating pain can be confirmed by numbness or tingling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many car accident patients experience this problem.
- Vertigo/Dizziness - This is a challenging symptom that can also have a variety of causes. In most instances, we find that neck trauma is the primary cause of this symptom.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is another problem caused by injury to your neck during a collision.
If you're encountering any of these signs and symptoms after an automobile accident, give our clinic a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic is a safe, effective, and non-invasive approach that really works for these types of injuries.
If you've been injured fairly recently, it's essential that you seek care right away. Untreated injuries can contribute to diminished movement and the creation of scar tissue, and that can lead to prolonged pain and impairment. Studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the damaged tissues can boost healing and protect against chronic problems.
Our office is conveniently located in Grants Pass, and we would love to help you get back on the road to health. Give our office a call today at (541) 955-7246 for an appointment.